Hostel General Manager - Bath
4 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
This position would suit someone who has worked in General Management within the Hotel, Hostel or Leisure and Tourism environment.
A vacancy has arisen for a strong, proactive manager to take the helm at YHA Bath. Scheduled for a major investment later this year the ideal candidate will be able to not only be able to maximise on the businesses current potential but also take the lead in creating a new exciting business following its investment. With a focus on cementing a strong team unit with exacting standards this could be a great opportunity to for a strong seasoned manager to really make their mark on the network.
As the Manager, you'll be responsible for effectively managing the Hostel to achieve and exceed current KPI's and customer satisfaction levels by:
* Ensuring excellent customer service is maintained at all times
* Achieving 5 star standards of cleanliness
* Driving sales opportunities and controlling Profit & Loss
* Managing, developing and motivating all employees
* Establishing and maintaining great relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Continually seeking areas for improvement to the overall products and service within the hostel
* Proactively reviewing and responding to customer feedback
* Ensuring the maintenance of the building remain to the highest possible standard
In order to be a great Manager we are looking for people who can:
* Demonstrate previous management experience within the hospitality industry / hotel industry
* Show previous experience of managing, developing and motivating others
* Analyse monthly Profit and Loss Accounts to drive and increase performance
* Demonstrate previous experience of managing and delivering a Food and Beverage function
* Show a good understanding of YHAs culture and values
* Put the customer at the heart of everything you do
Please note there will be a requirement to work frequent evening and weekend work on a rota basis to meet the needs of the business.
You work hard for us, so we work hard for you. As an employee at YHA you will receive:
* 10 FREE Hostel stays for you and up to 3 friends across England and Wales every year
* YHA Membership - Valid worldwide
* Access to 'Live More for Less' which give you exclusive high street discounts, savings on your weekly shop and money off hundreds of products from holidays to car insurance.
* A fantastic healthcare scheme - money back for dental, optical and medical treatments
Please note: In order to become an employee at YHA you must be able to produce evidence of your Right to Work in the UK. YHA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The role will be subject to DBS check. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.