Lounge Porter/Guest Services Assistant - Cirencester
Lounge Porter/Guest Services Assistant - Barnsley House, Cirencester
Barnsley House is an 18 bedroom contemporary country house hotel. Situated in the centre of the Cotswold village of Barnsley, near Cirencester, Gloucestershire this is a country hotel like no other. Set in exquisite landscaped gardens Barnsley House is reminiscent of a stunning stately home with grounds to match. Every room within Barnsley House is uniquely designed and furnished to perfection, from luxurious two-storey suites to a private garden retreat with an open fire. Our restaurant, The Potager is light and airy and serves fresh, local produce and vegetables picked from our very own kitchen garden (where possible).
The Calcot Collection is a small privately owned company that is home to a portfolio of four acclaimed hotels. Not considering ourselves as a group, each of our hotels celebrates its own style and personality and offers a different and unique experience that is signature to their offering.
We are currently looking for a Lounge Porter to join our team at Barnsley House.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring guests receive a warm, friendly welcome by Meeting and greeting - acting as host/ hostess
- Delivering guests luggage to and from bedrooms
- Responsibility of lounges – clearing, tidying, logs, fires, lighting candles
- Room service trays delivering and collecting
- Terrace checks
- Dealing with general enquiries from guests, members of the public and staff
- Liaising with both departments and assisting where necessary
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
- Previous experience in in a hotel environment is preferable
- Good industry knowledge
- Self-confident & enthusiastic
- Have high standards
- Be well presented
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexible Attitude
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Paid overtime and tips
- Free car park
- Discounts on food and stays in our properties
Applicants should be aware that at the present time we cannot consider anyone not holding an EU passport because of immigration legislation. All candidates must prove that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. We cannot assist with obtaining visas.