Porter/ Meeting Assistant - Newbury
Porter/ Meeting Assistant - Newbury
Located in Newbury, Berkshire, just off junction 13 on the M4 and 55 minutes away from London by train, The Vineyard is a 5 red star hotel. Its name originates from the owner’s vineyard in California. With 49 luxurious bedrooms and suites, 4 meeting rooms and one of the most relaxing spas in the country, The Vineyard is also renowned for its gastronomy and wine, boasting over 30,000 bottles in its wine cellars, 3,000 bins and over 100 wines by the glass.
As an award winning employer, we believe that investment in each and every one of our staff members is key to the success of our business and happiness of our customers. As an employer, The Vineyard Group offers support, training and development opportunities to help your career flourish. The Vineyard is a 5* Hotel, Restaurant and Spa, we work to support, understand and respect each other and our guests whilst providing an excellent standard in everything we do.
We are currently recruiting for a Porter/ Meeting Assistant to join our Conference and Banqueting, to join their team on a full time, permanent contract, working 45 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days, as a 365 day business you may be required to work evenings/weekends/bank holidays.
We are looking for a Porter/ Meeting Assistant, who is dedicated, hard working, polite and customer focused individual who possesses excellent communication skills with strong spoken and written English skills.
Summary of role:
To assist team with ensuring the smooth running of all concierge services, providing the highest standards of customer care at The Vineyard. To maintain the highest standards of presentation of the hotel and grounds and to provide a warm an professional welcome for guests.
- To maintain the presentation, cleanliness & lighting of the hotel and the grounds.
- To meet, greet guests & assist reception with check in.
- To complete the guest welcome experience by assisting with luggage and accompanying the guest to their room.
- Driving duties to include valet parking of customer vehicles, guest transport & covering the role of Driver when necessary (banking, internal and external post transfer, staff transport etc.) all providing insurance & legal criteria are met.
- Be in contact with the Duty Manager at all times to outline the requirements of the hotel throughout the day (communication method such as mobile telephones are provided by the company and should be kept on your person whilst on shift)
- To attend the daily morning meeting in the absence of the Head Porter.
- Set up all functions and to meet the specified requirements.
- Set up dinner rooms to meet the specified requirements.
- Complete a full handover between shift changes to ensure smooth transition & communication. Handover to be recorded in the communication book.
- Set up and serve buffet and refreshments for guests and functions.
- Complete weekly & daily duties and record on the check sheet.
- Be available to assist in other departments when other duties permit.
- To attend & complete all training assigned to you & to apply the gained knowledge in your daily role.
- Any other reasonable request.
- To abide by Health & Safety Regulations as required by law.
In order to be successful in this role as a Porter/ Meeting Assistant, you will need to have great experience in customer facing roles, preferably within a 4/5* Hotel environment.
In return we offer the successful Porter, a very competitive salary as well as a market leading benefits package including:
- Skills and Career Development opportunities
- Employee recognition rewards
- New employee referral scheme
- Staff uniforms including cleaning
- Meals whilst on duty
- Holiday allowance starting at 28 days (including bank holidays)
Live-in accommodation is not available with this role.
To be considered for this position please apply by clicking on the ‘Apply online’ button below outlining why you’re our ideal Porter/ Meeting Assistant.
Apply for Porter/ Meeting Assistant - Newbury
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly