Old Thorns is a four-star resort hotel in Hampshire. The hotel is easily accessible from the A3, and only 30 minutes from the M25 and Portsmouth. Old Thorns offers a wide range of accommodation, conference & function facilities, health club, beauty spa, restaurants & bars, and championship golf course. We are a popular venue for corporate events, conferences, weddings, tribute nights and golfers and spa guests.
We are recruiting for a full time Head Housekeeper to ensure the smooth running of all Housekeeping operations across the resort.
As Head Housekeeper you will manage a large team and ensure all public areas, 160 bedrooms, 51 apartments and glamping pods are presented to an exceptional standard.
- To ensure that all areas within your responsibility are cleaned and maintained to a high standard and that routine checks are completed
- To ensure that accommodation is turned around within the required timescales
- To lead, inspire and motivate a large team and ensure they are working to company standards at all times
- To recruit, manage, train and develop the Housekeeping team
- To manage the day to day operations of the department
- To ensure that work schedules produced in line with business levels and that these are monitored and adjusted accordingly
- Responsible for inventories, stock takes and ordering to ensure sufficient par levels are maintained and budgeted costs are managed
- To ensure all day to day legal requirements are met in relation to health and safety and employment regulations (i.e. COSHH, Risk Assessments)
- To control costs in line with budgeted levels
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Have a previous management experience within a 4 star Hotel environment
- Be efficient, organised and have excellent planning and communication skills
- Be able to comply with company standards and procedures
- Great people skills, able to nurture, develop and lead a team
- Able to demonstrate sound administrative and IT skills
As well as a competitive salary we offer further training & development opportunities, company uniform, meals on duty, company pension scheme, free on-site parking and discounted gym membership.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If your application is of interest to us we will normally contact you within 2 weeks of receiving your application.
Apply for Head Housekeeper
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly