Night Manager - London
Night Manager - The Hoxton Shoreditch
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Night Manager, to join us here at The Hoxton Shoreditch.
Reporting to our Front Office Manager, Catherine you will be responsible to support the management of our Front Office night time operation through leading and inspiring the team to provide a friendly, helpful and responsive level of service to all our guests.
- Deals with the arrival and departure processes for all guests.
- Deals with the in house guests accounting and ensures the accuracy of guest billing.
- Operationally manages the hotel during the night to ensure guests are well cared for.
- Ensures the accuracy of data in all systems and provides the necessary daily reports for all departments.
- Manages the daily overbooking levels and liaises with all departments to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in setting selling strategies on a day to day basis.
- Ensures all guests are quoted the correct rate as per the selling strategy and web site.
- Ensures all telephone calls are answered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- To maintain observation over guests and guests property to ensure security alerts are kept to a minimum.
- To report any maintenance issues to the correct department and check to ensure the work has been completed.
- Uses a wide range of coaching skills to ensure that the team are well motivated and informed of day to day activity.
- Sets stretching but realistic objectives for the team to ensure maximum occupancy and 100% guest satisfaction levels.
- Monitors the performance of the team and gives regular feedback to Guest Services Managers and Front Office Manager.
- Collaborate with the hotel’s restaurants, housekeeping and any outsourced business partner.
- Ensure the integrity of the public area and back of house areas are maintained at all times, with deficiencies corrected immediately.
We Want You If…
- You have hotel or leisure related experience in a similar role.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, competent computer skills and some understanding of GDS.
- You have experience of Micros Fidelio Opera or a similar front desk operating system.
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today.
- You get us. You know our hotels, you’ve hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning.
- You get stuff done.
- You’re not precious. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t. But we do like to try (almost) everything once.
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama.
- Your glass is half full, always.
- If we get stuck in a lift with you, we'll enjoy a good natter.
This is a very special opportunity to join an extremely friendly company, which still has a ton of potential to grow. In return, expect a great salary with competitive benefits and career growth. Get in touch…