Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter - France
Kitchen Porter / Night Porter - WINTER 18/19
From dusk till dawn…
A Winter season with Skibound is like no other. Offering a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, school and youth groups are at the heart of what we do. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across three resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe D’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
The low down…
As a Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter you will have the best of both worlds. A combination of day and night shifts will give you more flexibility when it comes to mountain time. You will be an integral part of the kitchen team and ensure our chefs have everything they need to fuel our guests for a day on the slopes. Your main mission for each service will be to keep the pots and pans clean, you’ll also get involved in some basic food prep (a great way to kick start your career in the kitchen, if that’s what you’re looking for!)
By night you will be the eyes and ears of the hotel, dealing with basic customer queries or issues as and when they arise. You’ll also carry out health and safety checks, some cleaning and generally making sure everything is ticking over so our guests have a good night’s rest.
What we’re looking for
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment – you’ll feel the heat of the kitchen!
- Works well individually and as part of a team
- Previous cleaning or kitchen experience is ideal – but don’t worry we’ll give you the tricks of the trade!
- Customer service experience
What’s in it for you
- Role progression and the chance to return for future season (who knows, you might be the next Grande Fromage!)
- Ski equipment and lift pass (we’ll even sort your insurance!)
- Accommodation – we’ve got it covered!
- 3 meals a day, 7 days a week – just what you need after an afternoon on the slopes
- Organised travel to and from resort
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA