Assistant Head Housekeeper - London
Assistant Head Housekeeper - The Hoxton, Holborn
We are looking for an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor, to join our team.
The Hoxton, Holborn is our home in The City, just a stone’s throw from the West End. The building, once home to the BT exchange, is part-listed and now houses 174 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, Chicken Shop, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Hubbard & Bell.
What you'll do...
- To support the Head Housekeeper with the day to day operation.
- To be responsible for the supervision and control of the cleaning and servicing for all bedrooms and public areas in the hotel.
- To lead and develop the Housekeeping team and provide a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service for our guests.
- To ensure that all the team are trained and adhere to the hotel standard operating procedures.
- To train and develop a team of individuals to their fullest potential, encouraging them to become fully rounded employees.
- To set stretching but realistic objectives for the team in accordance with the Head Housekeeper to ensure efficiency and cleanliness of all areas of the hotel.
- To play an active role in the enhancement of the relationship between Housekeeping, Front Office and Engineering.
- To assist the Head Housekeeper in maintaining and developing our partnership with our external housekeeping providers.
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges.
What we're looking for...
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- An eagle-eye for detail, you can spot a slip in standards from a mile away
- A natural people person who people like working with. You make those around feel good at their jobs and comfortable coming to you with questions. You're great at motivating others to keep to your own high standards of service
- Experience of Micros Fidelio Opera or a similar front desk operating system.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for getting the job done and done right
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What’s in it for you…
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Food on us during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get together, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!