Night Manager - London
Night Manager - NEW OPENING - The Hoxton, Southwark
We are looking for a Night Manager to be part of our team for the brand new The Hoxton, Southwark, set to open this summer.
You’ll be responsible for leading a team that makes sure our guest experience never flags – even at night. Being our Night Manager is a great step if you’re keen to develop and grow with us – whether you’re currently in hospitality or not.
The Hoxton, Southwark will be our latest addition to The Hoxton family, and our third in London, only a skip & a hop away from the South Bank. There’ll be something for everyone: 192 rooms, a bustling ground-floor restaurant, bar and terrace, The Apartment (our unique meeting & events space, a stunning roof-top restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor seating PLUS our brand-new coworking space spread over six floors. It’s going to be quite something!
Come and be part of an opening we’re super excited about!
What you’ll do…
- Take care of our guests, which may include check in/check out, handling billing, making sure guest accounts and data are correct, and dealing with any requests and enquiries
- Working with our Head of Rooms and the rest of the team in setting selling strategies and ensuring maximum occupancy
- Proactively keep an eye on all our public areas, working with our restaurant and security teams to make sure everything is running without a hitch, and handling any issues as and when they arise
- Lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
What we’re looking for…
- Most important is that you know how to provide a great and memorable guest experience – whether it’s for someone staying with us or just stepping in for a drink or a bite to eat
- Previous experience in hospitality is an advantage but not a must
- People who know you would likely describe you as ‘unflappable’; you’ve got plenty of experience dealing with different types of requests successfully
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What’s in it for you…
- 4-on-4-off shift pattern, a good salary, pension and life insurance
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- A health cash plan, through which you can easily claim money back and take care of your physical & mental wellbeing through a support help line, gym discounts, virtual GP surgeries and more
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Access to our Coworking space on evenings & weekends to work on your side-hustle
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!