Reception Shift Leader - Royal Albion
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at The Royal Albion Hotel in Brighton! This impressive 219-bedroom, regency-styled hotel was built in 1826, symbolising character and style in a premier position directly opposite Brighton Pier.
Our Reception desk offers fantastic customer service and care 24-hours per day and due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit a reception/shift leader on to the team.
As Reception shift leader, you will be required to;
- Control Reception shift from Front Desk and provide every assistance and support as and when required for Reception / Cashier.
- Ensure handover is completed and that the team including Switchboard are aware of daily summary.
- Report any health and safety hazards in the correct manner to Receptions Manager/Maintenance.
- Report potential security risks to Reception Manager/Maintenance.
- Maximise every sale opportunity for food and beverage and rooms, and be fully versed on the Hotel and its promotions.
- Monitor Receptionist/Cashiers and report any discrepancies to reception Manager.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role in 100+ bedroom hotel. You will have previous experience of computerized reservations and guest billing systems & proven management experience in recruiting, training, developing and controlling staff. Knowledge of Opera would be advantageous.
Visit our website and look at this iconic Brighton hotel for yourself!
This position offers a very attractive salary and the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you & your family at any of our 60 hotels & 6 parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.