Customer Relations Manager - Newcastle
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
We are hiring! - Customer Relations Manager
Fusion lifestyle are excited to announce the opening of The City Baths, Newcastle.
With regeneration work that will see the Grade II listed building sensitively restored with many of the building’s original features retained, this exciting lifestyle venue in the heart of Newcastle will be opening soon.
As well as the pool, Turkish Baths and Spa, there will be stunning, top quality fitness and well-being facilities and a café bistro.
As The City Baths, Newcastle, is such a prestigious site, we are recruiting for an exceptional Customer Relations Manager
Who We Are:
Fusion is a leading Sports, Leisure and Fitness operator. A registered charity, the company mission is to bring health and wellbeing to communities across the UK. In addition to over 90 dynamic venues offering mainstream & specialist sports and leisure facilities, the business has also developed some exciting new brands such as INTENCITY (HIIT fitness studio concept) Total Football (5 a side league venue), Bickel’s Yard (proprietary café concept), and has a pipeline of innovation development.
Our Customer Relations Managers proactively attract new members and build revenue, while ensuring our current customers are happy and keep returning to us. As Customer Relations Manager you will ensure all customer comments and enquiries are responded to in a timely manner and serve as part of the Centre’s Duty Management team.
Proactive and confident in your approach, as Customer Relations and Sales Managers you will have a particular ability to motivate and inspire others to “raise the bar”, and inspire your team to consistently smash their targets.
To be successful at as Customer Relations Manager you will need management experience in a comparable sales and customer focused role, within the hospitality or service industry. You will need to be familiar with carrying out appraisals and developing your team members and you must have a demonstrable track record in exceeding targets.
A First Aid at Work certificate is desirable (although training is available), and CIMSPA membership is also desirable, although not essential.
This a highly results-driven position, so you will need the ability to “seal the deal” without inappropriately pressurising the customer. Your excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade will shine through on a daily basis.
Some of the tasks and responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Adopt a proactive approach to driving sales and retention, leading and inspiring the centre team in delivering the right choice of membership for the customer and delivering first-rate customer service
- Drive all revenues, including Swim School, and achieve monthly net sales gain and enquiries targets
- Prepare reports and KPI’s for the key customer service areas, and ensure customer service targets are met
- In conjunction with the Sports & Community Development team, drive successful local activities and events
- Undertake local competitor analysis and react appropriately to socio-demographic trends
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the leisure centre, carrying out the Team Leader role when on Duty Management shift, and deputising for the General Manager as and when required
- Support the General Manager in the creation, implementation and review of the centre’s marketing and sales plan
- Analyse and forecast the likely return on each piece of activity conducted
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, development and performance management of staff
Accredited by the Institute of Management and Leadership, you will have the opportunity to benefit from the STRIDE programme; our excellent industry leading management training and development scheme.
You will also work within a fast-pace, stimulating environment that fosters a culture of team work and fun.
Some of the additional benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you want to further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply:
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.