IT Support Engineer - London
The Royal Automobile Club is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join a team supporting the organisation’s network, systems applications, and hardware. Based in Pall Mall with occasional travel to our Epsom clubhouse, this role is responsible primarily for first- and second-line support with the expectation of becoming a future subject matter expert in areas specific to the club.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working with all levels of stakeholders as part of a team or autonomously when required and be available to participate in an on-call rota.
Please note this is an office based role.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Provide a Help Desk service to support Club staff and members and IT providers used by the Club
- Respond to support requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Manage and maintain technology and systems used by the Club.
- Support IT projects with the installation of software, hardware and associated peripheral device drivers
- Assist with the maintenance of Microsoft Exchange and domain configuration
- Assist in the production and upkeep of all technical documentation in line with company standards.
- Assist the Development team where necessary
- • Ensure that all calls are updated with detailed information and resolved within SLA’s
- Participate in the Service Desk out of hours shift rota as directed
Our ideal candidate:
- Windows Servers & Services (AD, DHCP, DNS)
- Hardware Engineering (Printers, Servers, End User Compute, Network Equipment)
- CompTIA A+ Level knowledge and experience
- CompTIA Network+ Level Knowledge of Networking and experience using switches (preferably HPE/Aruba or Juniper)
- Office 365 Administration / Applications
- Experience using Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Remote Administration (VPN, RDP, TeamViewer)
- Knowledge of communications tools (Skype, Zoom, Teams)
- Knowledge of collaboration tools SharePoint/Teams
- Experience of physical network cabling (including rack/frame wiring & termination)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate clearly and simply both at a technical and business level
- Experience in the hospitality or leisure industry
- EPOS and PMS Software (Oracle, Micros, Simphony)
- Cloud based service technologies (Azure, AWS, Private, Hybrid)
- Telephony (PBX, VoIP & Analogue, Mitel 300 preferably)
- Industry Certifications (Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco, etc.)
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
Multi-skilled Trades Person - GuildfordEasy Apply!