Quality Assurance Technician - Cambuslang, Glasgow
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.Pay Rates
£24,000 - £27,500 dependent on experience.Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
40 hours a week, with shifts predominantly falling on a Saturday and Sunday with the remainder of hours being made up during the week. Shift patterns and availability can be discussed at interview.Job Description
- Ensuring food safety and quality standards are maintained across the site.
- Supporting managers and operators in their responsibility to Food Safety and Quality.
- Evaluating process controls during production to ensure they comply with agreed specifications and procedures.
- Completing online quality checks in line with product specifications and ABC system and organoleptic requirements.
- Completing the site microbiological and allergen sampling schedules to ensure safety of products.
- Management of non-conforming products, QA Holds and product releases.
- Organising and completion of raw material intake checks against group specifications.
- Completing annual CCP validation checks of all Critical Control Points on site. Carrying out audits e.g. BRC Internal audits, Glass & Plastic, CCP, Locker inspections, GMP inspections and product & process. Monitoring of equipment performance and control through internal calibration of scales and thermometers to ensure compliance.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organised as there is a need to manage several tasks at once.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Show initiative and ability to see tasks through to completion
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.