Production Engineer - Penrith
Join the family
With over 1,800 shops and 22,000 employees who serve millions of customers each week, Greggs is the UK's leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand and it’s our people who make our business successful.
This is an exciting time to join our North Lakes Bakery Engineering Team which has currently undergone a multimillion-pound technological transformation.Pay Rates
£36,202 per annum + 1.7% increment.Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours Average of 47 hours per week
Shift Pattern: We are looking for a Production Engineer to join us at North Lakes Bakery. You would be working an average of 47 hours on average a week including some 17 Saturday shifts per year. There are three alternating shift patterns which consist of Early shifts from 6am - 3pm, Days from 7am - 4pm and Backs from 1pm - 10pm. All shifts finish one hour earlier on a Friday.
Contract: PermanentJob Description
Our food manufacturing/production sites use automated and semi-automated lines to produce great products as efficiently as possible. Led by the Engineering Manager you will work alongside a close-knit team. Your time will be split between developing engineering improvements to an ever-changing environment and reacting to problems on a daily basis. Finding solutions to breakdowns quickly and effectively, comfortably engaging with the site teams to monitor plant performance and equipment reliability all in line with our policies and procedures are all key parts of this key role.
You will work to safely maintain and improve the performance of production facilities, equipment and services. Delivering maintenance excellence in a planned preventive way.
Working collaboratively within a team in a professional and efficient manner, including their Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager/Supervisor, Team Members and other departments.Skills
Multi Skilled Manufacturing Engineer/Technician preferably Food Sector but not essential though from an FMCG background.
•Electrically biased qualified ideally to HND/HNC level but would consider C&G with appropriate technical back ground and competency.
•Experience of PLC Automated control systems and processes particularly Siemens operating systems Step 5/7 – Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi. PLC Fault finding & analysis.
•Programming experience would be beneficial
•IT literate: Familiar and used to working with CMMS – Computerised Maintenance Management System. Word, Excel, computer-based monitoring systems. Excellent verbal and written communication on Engineering management systems & documentation.
•Compliance and adherence to HS & Food Safety standards – ideally Food safety qualified.
•Proven fault-finding expertise on a variety of complex equipment ideally within the food industry
•Experience of working to planned maintenance schedules.Benefits
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.