Maintenance Engineer - Newcastle upon Tyne
Day shift only, working 6am to 6pm on a rolling 4 on 4 off basis, across 7 days, with a salary of £35,000.
An exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join Greggs as we commission our new frozen storage facility at our Balliol site, just outside Newcastle upon Tyne.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will safely maintain and improve the performance of the site facilities, equipment and services by delivering maintenance excellence through planned preventive maintenance, breakdown repairs, continuous improvement activity and good record keeping.
You'll do this by working collaboratively within a team in a professional and efficient manner, including the Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, and other departments.
The key purpose of this specific role is to execute Maintenance tasks within a Refrigerated and Oxygen controlled Environment following safe working procedures.If successful, we would support you in developing into a truly multi-skilled maintenance technician. Key requirements
- Intermediate IT literacy (MS packages)
- Exposure to/use of CMMS
- PLC fault finding (Siemens)
- Outstanding candidate would have PLC Programming and fault finding experience.
- Exposure to an FMCG or manufacturing environment (food would be an advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience operating in a fast paced, high pressure reactive environment
- Experience in Warehouse Maintenance and Automation
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing &/or TPM principles
- Facility / Utility management experience
- Suitable indentured apprenticeship and/or trade qualifications (BTEC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent), ideally multi-skilled in nature or multiskilling developed through continued workplace learning & development
- Multi-skilled (electrical and mechanical) maintenance NVQ level 3 or higher
- Outstanding candidate would possess HNC in suitable discipline
Some occasional UK or international travel may be required to visit suppliers, other sites and for meetings or trainingKey Accountabilities
Safety, Health, Environment & Food SafetyAdhere to all safe working practices and safety related documentation & Food Safety requirements (e.g. Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessments, Isolation & Lock-out, Permits To Work, PPE, Plant Release Procedures, etc.). Attend and pass all Health Screening required to work in a Refrigerated and Oxygen depleted environment
Delivery of Maintenance StrategySupports delivery of Supply Chain Maintenance Strategy though development & completion of detailed Maintenance PM SOP’s, effective & efficient completion of work requests, supporting Autonomous Maintenance development & delivery, and correct use of Engineering stores, in line with work plans developed by Maintenance Manager/Supervisor. Delivery of Projects and Continuous Improvement Activities Actively contributes to department meetings and plans, seeks to improve performance of operations and reduce costs through projects, root cause analysis, problem solving, team working, etc. Personal Development Proactively seeks to develop new and existing skills in line with the Supply Chain Maintenance Strategy and relevant skills matrices Effective Communication Build strong relationships with all key parties, including Manager, Engineering team and other departments Join the family With over 1,800 shops and 22,000 employees who serve millions of customers each week, Greggs is the UK's leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand and it’s our people who make our business successful. This is an exciting time to join us as our Balliol site engineering function is currently undergoing a multimillion pound technological transformation. Benefits
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.