General Supervisor - The Lion Hotel - Nottinghamshire
- Job Type
- Full Time
General Supervisor - The Lion Hotel - Nottinghamshire
- JOB TITLE: General Supervisor
- LINE MANAGER: Operations Manager/General Manager
• As a General Supervisor Manager, you’ll work with the General manager/Operations Manager to lead, motivate and inspire the team to deliver delicious food & drink and a great customer experience every time.
• You will be responsible for key areas of the business including food and beverage service, reception and housekeeping as applicable depending on the business needs.
• You will be accountable for all aspects of the business as the point of contact as the supervisor on duty.
• You will duty manage your business during key shifts and have responsibility for its day to day running demonstrating amazing people skills, customer focus, delivering results, meeting targets to maintaining standards.
• You need to be passionate, focused, hands-on and a role model who amazes customers whilst engaging and motivating teams.
• As a General Supervisor you need to have great communication skills with all team members and customers, the ability to juggle and prioritise tasks, a great eye for detail, confidence in making decisions, a passion for training and motivating the team.
• creating a great place to work and working hard with your team to get things done.
• Deliver the offer for every guest to make sure all drinks and dishes are right first time, cooked and delivered to brand specification, that hot food is served hot and preventing poor food and drink standards
• Deliver the offer when checking guests into the hotel, or taking reservations/handling general enquiries when working on reception.
• Get to know your guests, seeking their feedback to make help make things better
• Ensure all guest enquiries are dealt with quickly, review online ratings and support the Operations Manager/General Manager to improve scores
• Support the General Manager to build meaningful links within your local community and discuss local initiatives and opportunities for the hotel
• Carry out open and close-down procedures at specific times
• Monitor stock levels, and report items that need re-ordering.
• Complete weekly daily line and spot checks with the Operations Manager
• Carry out a customer journey walk-around of all site to check customer expectations are being delivered
• Ensure all internal and external point of sale are in-place to enhance bookings and product sales.
• Review and manage bookings diary, and check occupancy and rates regularly
DELIVER FOR OUR TEAMS
• Work with the General Manager and Operations Manager weekly rotas reacting to sales movements on a daily basis
• Ensure General Assistants comply with Team Hours behaviours at all times – including clocking in and out for breaks
• Ensure team are fully trained to comply with the legal sale of alcohol.
• Communicate with all the team and develop great working relationships in all departments/areas of the hotel
• Organise the monthly Frasers Champion nominations, and feed information to the Operations Manager.
• Support with the induction of new employees
• Participate in pre-shift team briefings
• Coach and empower the team to be the best they can possibly be. Recognise great behaviours, and for doing good work, explain how the part they play counts
• Complete all required legal, security, and health and safety training and any additional training as required.
• Support the Operations Manager with weekly stock count, investigating any discrepancies Support all departments with receiving deliveries, checking delivery, and ensure everything is put away safely and securely.
• Support the General Manager and Operations Manager to maximise all sales opportunities for your business, delivering against agreed sales and volume targets, and profit and loss accounts
• Help build local sales plans, proposing costed local initiatives and activity
• Maintain accurate reports and records including handover of shift
CLEAN AND LEGAL
• Support the General Manager to make sure that the business remains safe, legal and compliant
• through 100% implementation of company health & safety policies and procedures and
• achievement of required standard
• Maintain bar cleanliness, maintaining the bar, glasswasher and ice-machine, Tumble dryer, washing machine cleaning rotas.
• Maintain and review all safe, clean and legal reporting procedures and ensure team are working safely whilst completing tasks.
• Maintain a spotlessly clean business
• Ensure Allergen sheets are available to guests and team briefed
• Maintain the standards of personal hygiene, dress and appearance
• Report any defective equipment as soon as possible
• Follow company safety and security procedures and deliver high standards
• Ensure that hotel patrols are completed at regular intervals to monitor and control noise levels within the hotel, and that the building is secure.
• Proactively manage guests returning to and departing from the hotel, with particular focus on reducing the impact of internal noise on our in house guests.
• Manage any incidents that have occurred, ensuring that issues are resolved safely and promptly
• Previous restaurant, hospitality supervisory experience
• Commercial skills – cost control.
• Sales development skills
• Team leadership skills
• Highly organised