General Manager - Pevensey Bay Holiday Park - Accommodation Available
General Manager – Pevensey Bay, East Sussex
Benefits include free accommodation, company credit card and company phone.
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
Park Holidays UK are currently looking for a proven Park General Manager from within the holiday sector to lead one of our fantastic businesses in the south of England. We empower our General Managers to drive and run their business, whilst support/training and mentoring is afforded to the successful candidate.
The successful GM will be responsible for managing and training your team and will be leading an experienced HOD team to consistently deliver great guest service, whilst meeting your business targets. Salary very competitive with uncapped bonus potential
Pevensey Bay Holiday Park is set in a stunning location. The park was acquired by Park Holidays UK in 2017 and is now a well established top performing park. Multiple awards have been achieved by the park team over the last three years, plenty more to come.
In February 2021 Park Holidays UK acquired Bay View Park and has now integrated this with Pevensey Bay Holiday Park.
The park has 346 static bases, 29 of which are Lodge Fleet. A nice mix of newly developed single and double bases available to sell. With further planning for 91 bases. There is also 60 seasonal touring pitches. The park also has a stunning 9 hole Golf Course.
Located directly on the seafront and with direct access to the beach, this 5* park is perfectly located on the Sunshine Coast of Eastbourne, perfect for a dog walk, fishing or simply relaxing as many of our owners and holidays makers love to do. We are a leisurely Relax & Explore park, but there is never a dull day. We are within walking distance to the beautifully set out Eastbourne Harbour full of amazing sea-side restaurants, shopping & salons as well as Pevensey Bay Village full of locally owned stores & cafes. There are huge attractions nearby, we are within driving distance of places like Knockhatch Adventure Park, Drusilla’s Zoo, Brighton, Hastings and the historic grounds of Battle Abbey and many more.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- To review and establish new service standards for the Park, determining overall priorities, seeking constant improvement and basing targets upon customer expectations, whilst understanding and delivering the Company policy on service standards.
- Oversee a large amount of Cap Ex, with investment in facilities and infrastructure.
- To identify and implement new opportunities for greater efficiency and improving performance of the Park
- To identify ways of ensuring the smooth running of the Park and help achieve positive changes by helping others adapt to new situations.
- To take control of new situations and pressures that arise by showing persistence, changes priorities and reorganising when required.
- To prepare, plan and manage a budget for all resources on the Park, including capital expenditure and to monitor and maintain effective control
- To safeguard all licences on the Park by ensuring that the operation meets the legal requirements
- Prepare and meet annual operating profit targets
- Closely control all Park expenditure within the Company guidelines
- Maximise occupancy of holiday hire fleet
- Maximise Caravan Sales with due regard to AUM and profitability, whilst monitoring the quality of sale and associated document in line with the Company’s Dealing Guidelines
- To identify retail opportunities and maximise spends
- To ensure all terms and conditions of sales, licence agreements, park rules, etc. are implemented in line with Company guidelines
- Liaise with the local community, holiday industry and suppliers with a view to improving the effectiveness of the business
- To protect and maintain the Company’s assets
- To prepare and submit to the Operations Director schedules in connection with capital projects, winter maintenance, equipment and replacements
- To attend any relevant training courses as recommended by your Line Manager or the Company.
Focussing on an Effective Operation:
- To plan the work of the team to meet annual Park targets by prioritising the key tasks and establishing methods that make best use of resources.
- To address problems that arise through the assimilation of key information to take effective decisions.
- To understand and apply the key measures of effective business performance for the benefit of the Park.
- To keep up to date with key legislation and new approaches within the industry to positively affect the business
- To investigate problems that arise with facilities and equipment on the Park to establish root causes, determine solutions and monitor the progress of the work to ensure swift and safe resolution
Ensuring Effective Communication:
- To consider the target audience when communicating and encourage a substantial level of involvement to ensure understanding of issues
- To put across own views and opinions in a clear and constructive manner in one-to-one and small group situations
- To build balanced and high performance teams and bring together areas with possible conflicting approaches to work towards common goals
- To enhance others’ performance by giving balanced and constructive feedback to individuals, jointly reviewing and establishing a range of training activities to support their development
- The successful candidate should have:
- The ability to lead, manage& develop a variety of park-based teams
- A proactive & positive approach within their role
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure with good decision making skills
- A professional and outgoing personality with excellent standards of presentation and customer care
- Good & relevant IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail.
- Flexibility & Adaptability to meet the needs of a seasonal and varied business
In return we offer a Competitive Salary, performance related bonus package, on park accommodation and the opportunity to progress.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous experience in a management role is essential
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare.
- Performance Related Bonus.
- Free accommodation.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays.
- 50% staff discount on meals in our onsite restaurants
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum.
- Progression Programme within the Company
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.