To support the efficient and effective running of the Hotel Indigo reception at night, preparing reports, daily banking, security walks, helping guests with queries. You will also be required to help serve snacks and drinks to guests, as well as some general cleaning and setting up the breakfast buffet.What we offer you:
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Hotel Indigo, York hotel is a unique and trendy hotel set in the heart of York. The hotel boasts 103 unique bedrooms, with a funky and trendy Restaurant and Bar, No.88 Walmgate.
The team is very passionate, enthusiastic, and very energetic! The culture in the hotel is very important, and that is: trying to deliver the Hotel’s goals and objectives whilst at the same time creating a fun and great work/life balance for all!
York Train station is easily accessible, the hotel is a 12 minute walk from the Train Station. There are plenty of drop off points all throughout York for bus routes in and out of the city, with a main bus route running past the hotel on Walmgate.Your role in our family:
- To oversee the nights operations in the hotel, including check in and check outs
- To correctly follow all Health and Safety procedures including fire evacuations if required
- Serve Food and Beverage as and when required, when trained
- Handle any guest requests and enquiries to ensure a positive outcome
- Ensure accurate and efficient nights operations including night audit
- Ensure you build and maintain knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, our neighbourhood, and other general product knowledge necessary to perform your duties
- Administer cash and float checks in an accurate manor and report and implement any training identified through these checks
- Ensure the security of our guests, other team members, yourself, and the hotel at all times during the evening
- You continually challenge yourself and others to get better every day by using initiative to help the day team make necessary changes
- You're friendly, helpful and passionate about customer service
- You're accurate when producing the daily reports and have experience of front office systems, ideally within hospitality
- You must be comfortable in using till systems and computers and some experience of night shift work would be advantageous.
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.