Reservations Manager - London
Reservations Manager - London
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the role
Our Reservations department can be the first point of contact for our guests and our opportunity to really deliver that special first impression. We have an opportunity for a talented and passionate Reservations Manager to join as and lead the Reservations Team for both The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel. As Reservations Manager, you will be responsible for managing all rooms reservations procedures to maximise revenue and ensure delivery or exceeding of budgeted room revenues for both hotels. Duties of the role will include;
- Create an empowered, dynamic environment in which your Reservations team can take responsibility and authority for their work and development
- Effectively manage distribution of workload amongst self and direct reports
- Implement, consistently monitor and improve reservations team reservation enquiry handling performance
- To personally handle incoming enquiries as required for general, VIP and group reservations, via telephone, e-mail or other channels.
- To assess the call standards of each member of the team via the benchmarking system, ensuring good scores are celebrated and coaching is undertaken and reviewed when standards fall short within the required areas.
- Ensure reservations are taken accurately & traces are in place for front office to follow up as required
- Ensure that reservations include accurate billing details and that the accounts department have the required back up
- To ensure all calls are answered promptly and use techniques to ensure that lead conversion is maximised, to Jumeirah standard
- To ensure all emails are responded to within a timely basis to Jumeirah standard
- Ensure that team acquires as many guest preferences and pre-arrival information as possible during the reservations process and that information is completely and accurately recorded in Opera
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment
- Excellent level of English in written and spoken format
- Competent computer skills, word, excel, power point
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business, flexing style as appropriate.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a demanding workload or reactive and proactive work
- Excellent personal presentation skills demonstrating a 5 * appearance at all times
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Strong eye for detail
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 35 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities