Service One Team Leader - London
Service One Team Leader - London
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Team Leader to join our Service One team. Service One are the hub of The Carlton Tower Jumeirah. We have worked hard to redefine this department, so rather than just being the PBX department, you will be the backbone to our operation. You will handle most incoming calls, rather than blindly transferring through and will be trained to handle most inquiries. They will be at the core of capturing information and preferences, and will act upon them accordingly
As Service One Team Leader, your role will be to support with innovative approaches to guest communications to support with enhancing the overall guest experience. You will achieve the highest standards of customer satisfaction through training, supervision and coaching. You will also act as the Service One Manager when the Service One Manager is not present. Duties will include;
- Ensure team consistently answer and direct all external incoming telephone calls following Jumeirah Groups telephone etiquette
- To be responsible for guest room telephones, back of house telephones and Dect System liaising with IT regarding the maintenance of the service one equipment where necessary
- Analyse monthly Telephone test calls, IFH TTC’s results and take appropriate action to correct any adverse results and / or trends
- Be aware of telephone call tariffs and keep a comparison record updated
- Uses HotSOS to dispatch concierge, engineering, housekeeping, etc. requests/jobs to the respective departmental colleague and to ensure delivery of timed orders and other requests at the designated times, following up with delivery and other colleagues to ensure completion.
- Handles guests’ complaints and takes action to resolve problems.
- Communicates situations where guests are dissatisfied or experiencing a problem and offers the resolution to the Manager on Duty To ensure smooth and concise communication between Reservations and all other Hotel Departments
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment
- Prior experience working within luxury hospitality is desirable
- Excellent level of English in written and spoken format
- Competent computer skills, word, excel, power point
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business, flexing style as appropriate.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a demanding workload or reactive and proactive work
- Excellent personal presentation skills demonstrating a 5 * appearance at all times
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Strong eye for detail
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities