Laundry operative and Public Area Cleaner - Colchester ,Essex
Laundry operative and Public Area Cleaner - Colchester, Essex
- Part-time, Permanent - 26 per week
- Salary: £4.62-£8.91 per hour
- Discounted event tickets – Staff price worked out per event.
The Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa is looking for an experienced Laundry operative and Public Area Cleaner to join their team on a part time basis. Working as part of the Facilities Team, and reporting to the Facilities Manager.
- To ensure the cleanliness and checking of guests’ accommodation is carried out efficiently and that it is clean according to the Standards
- To report any maintenance faults via Helpdesk, and follow up to ensure that the faults are rectified.
- To liaise closely with Reception with regard to daily room status and ensure the correct and most efficient allocation of rooms takes place.
Qualifications or desired skills;
- Previous experience in laundry desired but not required.
- Problem Solver
- Team player
Additional Information – As part of the facilities team you will be expected to work 4 days a week including weekends.
Shifts 3pm - 10pm
Due to our location, having your own transport is essential.
From 3 months, subject to passing your probation period NOT contractual and subject to change.
- Free overnight B&B midweek stay with a partner on completion of your probation to constructively critique the experience
- Complimentary use of Peake Fitness (subject to availability)
- Complimentary use of the 2 golf courses (subject to availability)
- 20% discount on food and drink purchases
- Free Health insurance for you with option to include partner and children at a discounted cost
- Discounted rate for Hotel rooms for yourself, Family and Friends (see rates below)
- 10% discount on Lodge bookings
- 10% discount on spa treatments
- Discounted event tickets
- Cycle to work scheme available
- Childcare vouchers available
- Use of practice facility (balls free of charge)
After 1 year
- Significant other or a sibling or parent to receive 50% off of off-peak membership of G&L facilities
- Can nominate 5 people onto the friends and family scheme for last minute notification of reduced rates for Hotel rooms, Lodges and treatments
Free overnight stay on completion of probation. This will need to be taken within a certain timeframe, and subject to current bookings and availability.
For staff bookings up to 7 days in advance, hotel room rates for a member of staff (can include a guest in the room at no additional cost) are £55 B & B Monday – Thursday, £75 B & B Friday – Sunday
For staff bookings up to 3 months in advance, hotel room rates for a member of staff (can include a guest in the room at no additional cost) are £75 B&B Mon-Thu, £95 B&B Fri-Sun (only a maximum of 2 rooms per night can be booked at this rate on the same night in the hotel, and is on a first come first served basis).