Ski Activities Rep - France - Winter 2022/23
Ski Activities Rep - France - Winter 2022/23
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as a Ski Activities Rep?
As a Ski Activities Rep, you will be essential in making sure our school guests have a trip to remember! Even before your school guests arrive at your clubhotel, you will be well organised to understand the needs of your group and welcome the party leaders personally.
As the face of our Skibound clubhotel, you’ll be knowledgeable in what facilities your groups can access in the hotel and resort. You’ll need to be confident in answering queries and dealing with any issues that arise for your group.
Day to day, our school groups head out into resort for ski lessons. Once they return to the clubhotel, you’ll be ready to welcome them home and lead their après activities. This could be anything from winter Olympics and snowman building competitions to crepe making and mocktails in the bar area!
You’ll also be a key team member in ensuring things are running smoothly behind the scenes with organising external après activities, completing paperwork and liaising with other departments including the Ski Operations Technician, your Hotel Manager, our airport transfer team and external ski schools. This may include cash handling, dealing with personal info and chaperoning your group, so being responsible and organised is essential in making sure your group have the best experience possible!
Finally, you will be instrumental in supporting our General Assistants and you should expect for these duties to be included on your rota regularly – This could include anything from making beds and cleaning to pot-wash and snow clearing. Check out the General Assistant job advert for a full list of duties!
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience will I need to be a Ski Activities Rep?
- No formal childcare qualifications needed but previous experience working with children or young people is essential!
- Customer service and hospitality experience is a bonus!
- Adaptable and happy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible with strong organisational skills
- Happy to work efficiently on individual tasks as well as part of a team
What can Skibound offer me as a Ski Activities Rep this winter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for winter 22/23
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Skibound ski equipment hire
- The option to opt into a seasonnaire pack which includes: on-site shared accommodation (or an individual room based on your job role) and lift pass
- Support with travel arrangements to and from resort
- Access to Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- French social security insurance
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2022 to April 2023
- You must be 18 or over by December 2022 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g. EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly