Security Officer - Knightsbridge, London
Security Officer - Knightsbridge, London
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
About the Hotel
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, and towering high over world- class shopping destination Sloane Street, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah is a beacon of sophistication where heritage meets contemporary luxury. The hotel has been reinvented for a new generation of discerning guests with elegant, timeless interiors complemented by the most spectacular views.
Featuring an exciting collection of restaurants and bars and a world-class fitness club and spa, the hotel will be embraced by its affluent local community as well as sophisticated international travellers as the place to reside, rejuvenate and celebrate in Knightsbridge.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the role
We are building our new Security Team for The Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, and are looking for Security Officers to join our opening team. Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Security and Assistant Director of Security, the objective of the Security Officer will be to apply Security and Safety measures which will include the well being of the guests, colleagues and Company assets, according to the agreed Policies of the company and the procedures and objectives as set out by the Security Manager. Duties of a Security Officer will include;
- Work and communicate with the Duty Managers in order to protect the Carlton Tower Jumeirah & JLH properties, colleagues and guests by observing and reporting any suspicious activities for follow up action.
- Carry out patrols, Supervise access, key and CCTV controls.
- To respond immediately and investigate all Fire Alarm activations in accordance with the JCT & JLH Fire & Emergency Plans and procedures with regard to fire.
- To report and investigate all reported thefts and criminal offences in or affecting the hotels and during this tour of duty.
- Record and complete all relevant incidents reports, including operational issues before going off duty.
- To assist in enquiries from the Civil Police or other government departments and law enforcement agencies.
- To ensure that all Security and Hotel record systems are maintained in the manner instructed by the Security Manager.
- To ensure all Security Incident/Loss/Accident Reports are completed before shift handover.
- To complete any Hazard Reports that may be required.
- To ensure a complete and concise written handover is completed at the change over of every shift.
- To carry out regular Night Duty Fire Training sessions in both hotels.
- To respond to any reasonable request made by the Duty Manager and assist them wherever necessary.
- To assess and report potential loss situations in the hotel in order that accidental profit loss may be prevented.
- To assess and report potential safety hazards in order that remedial action may be taken.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have experience in a similar position within a luxury 5 star environment
- Prior experience working within luxury hospitality is desirable
- Excellent level of English in written and spoken format
- Competent computer skills, word, excel, power point
- Excellent communicator and able to connect with all levels in the business, flexing style as appropriate.
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a demanding workload or reactive and proactive work
- Excellent personal presentation skills demonstrating a 5 * appearance at all times
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Strong eye for detail
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- Paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Apply for Security Officer - Knightsbridge, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly