Facilities Technician - The Hawth - Crawley, West Sussex
The Hawth, Crawley opened in May 1989 and is managed by Parkwood Theatres (a division of leisure support services company Parkwood Community Leisure) on behalf of Crawley Borough Council. The continuing maintenance and operation of The Hawth to a very high standard is a priority for both the Company, customers and our Client. The venue is one of four theatres managed by Parkwood Theatres which includes; Hazlitt Theatre Maidstone, Castle Theatre Wellingborough and The Playhouse Weston-super-Mare.
The Hawth comprises an 866 seat proscenium arch Main Theatre and a 146 seat Studio Theatre. Both spaces, as well as the grounds surrounding the Venue, are capable of being used in a multitude of formats and layouts which is reflected in The Hawth's extensive range of programmed arts events and activities.
Reporting to the General Manager and liaising with the Business and Finance Manager, the primary objectives for the position are:
- To design and implement maintenance strategies, procedures and methods assisting with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Collate and evaluate reports, proposals and quotes from external contractors for essential and statutory works
- Act as the Competent Person on Fire Safety and Health and Safety and work to improve both sets of policies and procedures
- Carry out routine maintenance work and respond to equipment faults
- Diagnose breakdown problems
- Fit new parts and ensure equipment is working correctly
- Carry out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaise with specialist contractors, internal departments and customers
- Ensure external contractors are managed while carrying out works within the site
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment, ensuring all items are kept secure when not in use
- Monitor and control utilities & maintenance costs
- Be on call to deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Work with specialist equipment for which additional training may be required
- Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion