Maintenance Apprenticeship - Riviera International Centre - Torquay, Devon
Job Type: Full Time
- Property Maintenance
- Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Personal
Lex Leisure is a Community Interest Company (CIC) that has been established to build upon the legacy of two successful Paralympic games in London and Rio, the Invictus Games and other sporting events that have helped to inspire persons with physical, mental or health related inequalities to be physically active. Aiming to deliver high quality services to our customers, the Company also prides itself on its exemplary health and safety record and commitment to staff.
Primary objectives for the Maintenance Technician will be:
- To learn about and assist in the daily running of the Sites Plant rooms and leisure facilities
- To learn and assist in overseeing all contractors on site carrying out any repair / maintenance work as directed by the Centre Management team
- To assist with daily/weekly/monthly checks
- To assist with daily reactive maintenance
The Maintenance Technician will focus day to day on the following tasks:
- To assist in the management of the Leisure Centre's quality assurance systems and procedures
- To carry out maintenance tasks as required by the management team
- To undertake any regulatory requirements
- To play a key role in maintaining the operation of the building and equipment
- To liaise daily with the duty managers to ensure any technical issues are overcome as a priority
- To undertake any other duties as may be required by the site technician to ensure that the business objectives of the contract are achieved
- The candidate will preferably hold GCSEs including Maths and English Grade C or above, or a similar qualification.
- Will be able to use excel, word, Microsoft office and Microsoft teams to an intermediate level
Among the personal characteristics sought the applicant:
- Will be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Will be able to demonstrate good organisational skills
- Will be able to build business relationships with customers, clients and employees
- Will have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Will be customer focused
- Priorities and promote health and safety
- Seek learning and development opportunities
We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.