Receptionist - Skipton
Receptionist - The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa
Set on a 1400 acre Estate in beautiful countryside The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa is currently in an exciting period of growth. Owned by the Bannister family whose vision is to be a landmark destination hotel, we opened our state-of-the-art Spa, in November 2015, in addition to offering the 4 x 4 experience; a CPSA Premier Plus Shooting Ground, Archery, Falconry Centre and Fly-Fishing on the 24 acre lake or River Aire.
The existing 130 plus Coniston Hotel team are very customer centered and if you pride yourself on delivering excellent customer service then you will fit in well.
The main aim of this role is to provide a warm and welcoming experience to customers arriving at the hotel, through-out their stay, until check-out. Enhancing the customer experience by supporting the Guest Services Manager at all times with ideas about how to continuously improve the service we deliver. Also key to the role is communicating all amendments to the operations team in a timely and clear manner. The role holder will also further enhance the guest stay by promoting the estate activities and spa treatments and driving bounce-back offers and encouraging guest feedback.
Reporting to: Guest Services Manager
Salary: depending on experience and hours worked
- Provide an excellent customer experience during the guest’s entire stay.
- Become the go-to person for all guests
- Offer at all times a warm welcome in a friendly and professional manner
- Offer a friendly phone manner to all external and internal customers
- Support all departments by communicating in a clear and timely manner
- Be knowledgeable about the guest in-house – act as a point of contact to your colleagues
- Understand the purpose of stay for all guests and support them accordingly
- Think outside the box to find solutions and manage stressful situations in a professional manner
- Take all queries away from the desk and involve a manager to assist and resolve at an early stage
- Anticipate guests needs and think on your feet – turn a negative into a positive
- Continue to build your knowledge of all our offerings across the hotel, estate and spa
- Under take basic concierge duties as required – this may include assisting with luggage
- Guest recognition – always acknowledge and use the guest name
- Create a team spirit with all colleagues and across departments
- Encourage repeat bookings by understanding the guests individual needs
- Also key to the role is genuinely caring about the guest experience, a confident telephone manner and excellent numerical and written skills.
- The successful candidate will also be passionate and enthusiastic about customer service with a positive outlook and the ability to respond quickly and positively to a range of work slolutions
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE level
- Excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work a varied shift pattern across 7 days a week
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Displays a solution based approach to any situation
- Has a can-do, will-do attitude