Senior Technical Engineer - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Senior Technical Engineer - London
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the well-being of our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Technical Engineer to join our dynamic IT team, based at our South Kensington office. Regular travel to our London stores will be required, as well as occasional visits to our Gloucestershire Farm site.
Full-time contract, 40 hours per week, salary is £40,000-£45,000 pa. depending on experience.
Our IT team work across both our London and Gloucestershire offices, providing technical support and expertise to our sites. In this role you will be predominantly supporting our stores and offices, though server administration, upgrades and replacements will also form part of your day-to-day job. A strong understanding of Windows Server operating systems and visualisation technologies is therefore required. This position would suit an enthusiastic IT professional from a retail or hospitality background looking for a new challenge.
- Troubleshooting Windows machines and assisting users with general hardware and software issues such as Office 365
- Systems administration tasks such as creating users and mailboxes from scratch
- Carrying out visits to any of the company’s stores or offices to install and maintain IT equipment, such as back of house equipment, front of house tills, and PDQ devices
- Ensure maximum availability of servers and services and quickly react to issues
- Monitoring server and network performance
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing exceptional IT support
- Extensive Windows Server experience - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 / 2019
- Virtualisation experience – VMware
- Networking – LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, DFS, switching
- Cisco Catalyst & Meraki Switches and Firewalls
- Excellent knowledge of Wi-Fi (preferably Aruba)
- Active Directory and Group Policy experience
- Microsoft Office 365 experience
- SNMP monitoring
- EPOS systems
- Windows 10
Experience in the following would be desirable:
- Sage 50 / 200 & Concur
- Ecommerce Platforms such as Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, WordPress
- Scripting knowledge – Powershell
- SAN storage / backup solution experience
- Sharepoint / Teams / SQL experience
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV and cover letter.
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at Daylesford, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.