Housekeeper - Skipton
Housekeeper - The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa, Skipton
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa offers a fantastic opportunity to anyone looking to join a rapidly growing business with an ambition to be a significant landmark hotel. The 71 bedroom 4 AA star hotel also plays host to a wide array of activities on the 1400 acre estate which includes; a state of the art spa, a Shooting Ground (CPSA Premier Plus standard), Archery, Falconry Centre, 4x4 Off-Road Experience, Fly-Fishing on the 24 acre lake or River Aire.
The Huntsman’s Lodge, Nourish Brasserie and Macleod’s restaurant and bar form the heart of the hotel and all offer a wide range of locally produced food. We offer excellent conference and meeting facilities forming the base of unique team building days. Weddings are also a significant part of our business.
We are a family run hotel which is privately owned by the Bannister family, who are involved in the day to day running of the business.
The existing 160 Coniston Hotel team are very customer centered and if you pride yourself on delivering excellent customer service then you will fit in well.
Part time Housekeeper: 5 days a week / 6 hours per day
As a member of our housekeeping and public area cleaning team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all rooms and corridors in the hotel are presented to our high standards. The Coniston Hotel has built its success on delivering the highest standards. This means Cleanliness, Quality, Service, Maintenance, and Atmosphere. Your job will be to make sure we deliver on our promise for cleanliness.
Reporting to: Executive Housekeeper
Responsible for: n/a
Salary: £7.70 - £8.21 dependant on age
- Ensure that bedrooms are cleaned to the agreed service standards using thebedroom checklist
- Cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, flipping mattresses
- Cleaning and vacuuming the corridors
- Liaising with other departments as necessary
- Adopt good working practices to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and others
- Support the public area cleaners as required
- Previous experience of working as a cleaner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- The ability to respond quickly and positively to a range of work situations
- Flexible approach to working hours and tasks as business needs dictate
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook
- Previous experience of working as a cleaner or housekeeper in a four star hotel and conference venue
Thank you for your interest in The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa.
If you have not heard back from us within three weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
However we would like to keep your CV on file for the next 6 months, if you prefer us not to, please let us know
Apply for Housekeeper - Skipton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly