Gardener - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Gardener - London
As a Gardener at the Standard London, you will work as part of a wider property and design team and support the Design Manager in providing day to day care for all planting across the hotel.
With overall ownership and responsibility for the presentation and upkeep of our outdoor landscaped gardens your duties will include weeding and removal of dead leaves and foliage, feeding and watering (both by hand and via our irrigation system), replacing plants and bedding when required, maintaining and positioning outdoor lighting and cables. You will also maintain our artificial grass areas. Within the hotel you will be responsible for general watering and feeding of indoor plants, maintaining pots and planters and of course organising replacement plants, gardening supplies and equipment when required.
The Standard never stands still, and as part of your role you will also support the Design Manager with any seasonal landscaping installations and projects; to deliver a truly bespoke Landscaping service that is anything but Standard!
You will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can manage your own workload and routine with minimal supervision.
Do you have what it takes to be a Gardener at The Standard?
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging.
You will need to be a confident and proactive self-starter ideally with a number of years’ experience gained in a similar gardening or landscaping role ideally gained within a similar environment. In addition to this you will also need….
- A background and interest in all aspects of horticulture and landscaping or planting design
- Experience of developing planting design principles (which provide balance, transition, focalization, proportion, rhythm, repetition and simplicity to planting themes).
- To be physically fit, highly motivated and pro-active; able to act with integrity, professionalism and positivity in all employee and guest interactions
- Hold relevant Horticulture or Gardening qualifications (although not essential)
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and to be adaptable to work around business operations
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Gardener at The Standard, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.