Luggage Porter - Central London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Luggage Porter - Central London
As a Luggage Porter (Bell & Door Assistant) you will become part of an exceptional front office team that will engage with our guests from arrival, throughout the guests stay to post departure. Primarily you will provide our guests with unparalleled level of hospitality, providing a seamless arrival and departure experience, attentive bell and luggage services and assisting them with their queries and unexpressed wishes. You will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate guest experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will be one of our guests’ first points of contact and are always seeking to expand your personal knowledge of London in order to provide a distinct service to our guests. You will of course be on hand to provide information on hotel services and most importantly, as their host, make our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment.
Do you have what it takes to be a Luggage Porter (Bell & Door Assistant) at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role as a Luggage Porter is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Bell Person, Luggage Porter or Door person with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Candidates should be familiar with the local Kings Cross area, in addition to having a good knowledge of London
- Prior experience using Knowcross or similar is advantageous however full training will be given
- Fluency in English is essential for this role, in addition to those speaking a second or third languages
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including occasional night work
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Luggage Porter (Bell & Door Assistant) we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.