Duty Manager - Central London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Duty Manager - Central London
As a Duty Manager, under the direction of the Director of Rooms, you will oversee every aspect of our Hotel accommodation department during your shift. First and foremost, you will ensure that all of our individual room’s teams on duty work together and communicate effectively to create the ultimate experience for our guests. You will directly manage the daily operation with Front Desk, Guest services, Guest Experience and Bell teams and work in partnership with the Housekeeping to oversee all accommodation services on the day, making sure room allocations, VIPs and guest requests are arranged.
As a natural team leader, you remain calm during challenging situations whether it involves guest complaints, scheduling issues or staff members. No two days are ever the same and you will need to flexible to adapt to changing situations whenever they arise, be it a busy day, coordinating any maintenance issues with the property team, dealing with an emergency situation or supporting other areas of the hotel when issues arise.
This is not a ‘Standard’ Duty Manager role so you will need to have serious stamina and passion, be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and able to work equally well both independently and as part of a wider management team.
Do you have what it takes to be a Duty Manager at The Standard....
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You will need to be a confident and proactive self-starter and are ideally seeking an individual with a number of years’ experience in a senior Front Office role gained within the UK or International Hospitality industry. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Duty Manager / Assistant Front Office Manager or Guest Relations Manager ideally gained in a similar Luxury ‘Lifestyle’, boutique hotel sector or large hotel
- Highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards (familiarisation with Coyle Service standards is a bonus)
- Ability to coach and train your team
- Expert abilities in Opera, Knowcross, Squirrel and Microsoft Office
- Able to work on a 4 on 4 off on a rotation basis with occasional Night Holiday cover.
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
Housed in the former Camden Town Hall Annex in London’s thriving King’s Cross neighbourhood, the 1974 Brutalist building has been meticulously restored and sets the perfect stage for The Standard’s first hotel outside America. The Standard, London has 266 rooms ranging from our snug Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking the dramatic St Pancras station. On the ground floor, you'll find Double Standard, our street-facing bar and restaurant home of our legendary burger, Aperol Spritz slushy and our Bottomless Sunday Brunch. (Don't forget to book!) Next door is The Library Lounge, where our carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, and, our Sounds Studio, home of our culture hub, Sometimes Radio. Isla offers an approachable seasonal menu, with a brand new wine and cocktail list. Our 10th-floor restaurant, Decimo, where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live-fire cooking surrounded by 360-degree views of London - only accessible by our iconic exterior red pill lift.