Duty Manager - Lydney
- Job Type
- Full Time
Duty Manager - Lydney
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for someone who enjoys working in a catering environment to join our team as Duty Manager, but with a catering focus.
This is a hands-on role and you will have responsibility for training and retention of our team, weekly catering management tasks, compliance with health and safety and month end stock takes. The role will involve other day-to-day running aspects including housekeeping and reception/administration (particularly over the winter months) so an interest in all areas of the business would be desirable.
Duty Managers will need to:
- Manage the delivery of customer service, encouraging all employees to deliver a five star experience
- Review and respond to customer feedback, seeking opportunities to improve the overall customer experience.
- Help to drive sales opportunities and ensure efficient use of the booking system to maximise profitability
- Support the manager in to report and comply with YHA's budget control expenditure and income
In order to be a great Duty Manager we are looking for people who:
- Have previous experience in leading teams, developing and mentoring others
- Show a good understanding of YHA, the hospitality industry and current tourist industry standards
- Have proven ability to manage high-pressured environments
- Put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Previous experience in delivering activities/an interest in doing so would be desirable
You'll work hard for us and here's what we'll offer in return:
- Health & Well-being; BUPA health cash plan, discounted gym membership, cashback and discounts at hundreds of high street/online shops....
- Work & Development; Flexible working opportunities, support with continual learning and development, a generous annual leave allocation...
- Unique to YHA; The chance to work in amazing locations, 10 free Hostel stays per year (for you and up to three guests), 5 days volunteering per year, FREE YHA Membership and more!
Please Note: If sufficient applications have been received then the advert may close early.
Job start date: 2019/06/23
Job end date:
No. of Vacancies: 1
Working hours: 25 - 42.5 hours
This role can be either live in (with accommodation provided) or live out
All roles are subject to a minimum of a basic DBS check.